SolutionCottage.com
Posted  26 Nov 2009 - 14:22:55

Category: PHP


wrong encoding in wordpress after update or moving database

Issue:
Latin1 extended characters might be decoded wrong (etc, you get chars like ö, ä, ö, å in your content) for no obvious reason when you move to another platform or upgrading wordpress. This might apply to other systems as well.

Solution:
What I did was I opened the wp-config.php file in the root of the Wordpress folder and changed the line:

define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8');

to
define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf-8');

Changing this line to blank encoding has also helped some people. Please write in the comments what helped you.








1 comment:

12/10/2011 3:57:13 AM  Scott Poulin  wrote:

perfect. Transferred database from dev server on Dreamhost to live server on Verizon, that seemed to be the issue.









© SolutionCottage 2008-2011 9/24/2017 1:12:58 PM